Sunday 11 December 2011

12 Tags of Christmas - Tag #8

Tim's Tag #8 for the 12 Tags of Christmas is below, or can be seen HERE:


 Yeah, I won't be jumping on THAT bandwagon. Classic Tim Holtz or not. Steampunk is very popular in many circles right now, and even though I have lots of images and embellishments that would work perfectly (including a ticket and pointing finger) - I just decided to look at the tag as a sketch of sorts and do my own thing.


I cut the tag shape from (MME) sparkly snowflake background paper, and then punched and die cut snowflakes and Tim's snowflake edge out of another sheet from the stack ... a sparkly music background one.

The flourish is done with kraft glassine ... leftover from yesterday's tag. The holly die that I used for my Tag #7 has one holly leaf and this pretty flourish on it. I cut one full sheet of glassine, and then arranged smaller pieces on just the holly area to get more leaves. So this pretty, decorated flourish was sitting on my stamping table just waiting to be used. I attached it with Tim's Tiny Attacher. Love that thing.  


The snowflakes were stacked with foam tape in between them, then I worried I might not be able to get the pearl brad through all those layers. But it worked fine! I added a little Distress Stickles to the top snowflake for some more shimmer.


The snowflake border is so much fun to use, so I'm always happy for a chance to pull it out. Distress stickles were added to it as well, and a row of self adhesive pearls.


Finally, I used Tim's Chip Block die strip to cut the letters for PEACEFUL. I have been waiting and waiting to order the little alpha die from Paper Trey Ink and it has been out of stock. So I got tired of waiting and bought this one instead. I covered the letters with Glossy Accents once they were glued in place, but decided to add some Martha Stewart Glitter to them as well. The word doesn't stand out too much in the photos, but does in real life. Besides, I was going for something softer than the black JOY on Tim's tag.

I added some fuzzy fibres from my stash to the top and ... another tag done!

Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

  1. I have no words- it is so beautiful
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of steampunk either Karen and much prefer your pretty tag with its glitter and pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice... I do like the steampunk but felt Tims was not very christmassy lol. I think this is what 12 tags is all about though. Seeing what Tim does and then making it your own!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen