Wednesday 21 December 2011

Happy Holidays Sketch Card

I love the First Day Of Winter.  Not because I love being cold, or that Winter is my favourite season ... but because it is the shortest day of the year.

That means, tomorow will be just a little longer.

The next day will be a little longer and on and on until the First Day of Summer. (Which is NOT a day I celebrate.)

Yeah for longer daylight hours -- even a minute or two makes a difference in my happy little world.

I have ANOTHER card to share today, from the sketch at the Clean And Simple Stamping Blog. (FTL-171)


I used Paper Tape for my patterned paper, and since this is a CAS card (Clean And Simple), and has MUSIC on it - it also qualifies for the challenge at the Less Is More blog, Theme Week 46 "Music".

I found the glittery word stickers on clearance at Michaels, and I thought they would work with my label punch. Ha ha - couldn't wait and had to stick one on this card right away.  :-)




I think this is it for me now, until after the holidays. It's been a busy week - on top of being behind with Christmas prep's, our Brandi girl needed to have a lump cut out of her side. She is healing well - when  I am home I have her wear one of my tank tops creatively pinned so it fits her. It seems to be enough to keep her from chewing at the stitches, and allows her to move around freely or curl up in Jasper's kennel. When I go out, she still has to wear her head cone ... so I'm hoping I can stay home tomorrow and keep her comfy in the bright orange tank top.  Too funny. She is one Tough Old Girl, that's for sure.

Thanks so much for all the support and comments since I started up this new blog. I wish you all a Merry Christmas, or Happy Holidays, or a great week - depending on how you celebrate this time of year. I'll be back after the holidays.

3 comments:

  1. wonderful! Wish you a Merry Christmas!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Karen. The strip of music looks terrific!
    Thanks so much & Happy Christmas
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card Karen
    Love the colours
    Thank you so much
    Mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen