Friday 30 December 2011

Masculine Birch Tree Card

I used this wonderful birch tree stamp to make a couple of Christmas cards, so wanted to try it out for a masculine card as well...


I stamped the image in brown on a blue card stock scrap, matted it with brown heavy paper and wrapped it with twine. I ran the front of the folded card through the Big Shot with a Cuttlebug embossing folder, lightly swiped the raised edges with an ink pad, then popped up the tree image with foam tape.


I never like seeing the reverse of the embossing on the inside of the card, so I lined the card with a slightly smaller kraft card stock folded card.  Lately I haven't been adding verses to the inside of my cards, instead handwriting a penned greeting and note. But if I chose to add a stamp to the inside - I can at a later date. This card will go into my stash for next year.

Supplies:  
A2 Card
Kraft card stock - Michaels
Tree image - Impress
Brown heavy paper - Bazzill
Twine
Foam Tape

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. Thats fantastic!
    Wish you all the best for 2012
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen