Tuesday 14 July 2015

Karen Burniston's July 2015 Designer Challenge Sleigh Gift Card Holder

Good morning friends

Today's share is my second card for Karen Burniston's July Designer Challenge "Homegrown Holidays - here's your chance to celebrate Christmas (or other winter holiday) on the farm. Create a holiday card with a country feel, using any Pop it Ups dies including (but not limited to) the brand new Farm 2 and Merry & Bright."

I had the perfect patterned paper stack and I couldn't wait to try Karen Burniston's new Sleigh Gift Card Holder Pop-Up. Oh. My. Goodness - this die is positively brilliant!  It comes with an optional angled platform and I knew I wanted to add a 'Chilly the Penguin turned Snowman' to that. Here is how I made my Chilly Sowman:

First, I cut Chilly's Shadow layer from white card stock and trimmed it as shown ...


Then I cut the hat from Props 1 from charcoal pearlized card stock and trimmed it as shown:


I didn't want a huge carrot nose as in the patterned paper, so I trimmed a 'Cheepers the Chicken' beak as shown ...

I added some pen stitching and Glitter Dots, sponged the edges and I had my little country snowman! I wanted to add the branches from the new Props 5 for snowman arms, but they didn't work for this card. I'll be doing that for sure on another card though!


Here is the front of the card. The 'Winter' was fussy cut from a different paper in the stack, and the round stamp (Santa Says and Nice!) are from Karen Burniston's new Merry & Bright clear stamps, which are available now at Elizabeth Craft Designs.


I apologize for the terrible photographs. But - here is the inside - you can see the Sleigh Pop-Up and my little Chilly the Snowman. So fun!


The embellishments were fussy cut from different papers in the stack. I added a little heart to Chilly the Snowman's hat, cut from Poppy the Owl.  I stamped Merry Christmas on the card from the new Merry & Bright Clear Stamps.


There is a slot that cuts with the Gift Card Holder, so I added a tag (from the Tags Pivot) to that, with a hand lettered 'peeking'.  The heart with NO on it was fussy cut from patterned paper. I didn't have a gift card that I could add to the card for photographs, so instead I used the smallest rectangle from the Accordion Rectangle to cut a sample. It fits in the tuck slots perfectly!


Here is a side view so you can see the Pop Up better, and how a Gift Card tucks in behind the sleigh. The sleigh, by the way - is independent of the Pop-Up mechanism so you can use it on it's own and add other things to the Pop-Up platform to use it year round.



Both the Farm 2 and the Merry & Bright Collections will be shipping to retailers in early August. Be sure to contact your local shop to place your pre-orders! I will be back tomorrow with a third card for the Designer Challenge and Karen Burniston will have her post on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog. The Designer Challenge team is linked on the right of my blog, so you can also check out all the wonderful creations that they have come up with for this fun theme.

Supplies:
908 Chilly the Penguin, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
1042 Sleigh Gift Card Holder Pop-Up, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
911 Props 1 (Hat), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
1023 Cheepers the Chicken (beak for carrot), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
972 Rectangle Accordion (Rectangle for Gift Card), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
910 Poppy the Owl (Heart), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
973 Tags Pivot (Tag and topper), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
CS003 Merry & Bright Clear Stamps - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
7018 Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Patterned paper - Recollections
Twine
Brown marker - Marvy
Card size - 5-1/2 x 6"

Thanks for stopping by today



2 comments:

  1. what a wonderful card, and I love Chilly the Snowman (hey the name still suits hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card! love papers and the snowman!
    elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen