Saturday 11 July 2015

C4C 294 Critters

Good morning friends

It's Saturday, and that means a new challenge at the Crazy 4 Challenges Blog.

I'll be the July 2015 hostess, and my creative friend & Designer Challenge teammate Kelly Booth is our Guest Designer.(Livin The Life I Color)

Here is my challenge this week:

CRITTERS Put one or more critters on your
card or project.

I was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest by Biggan, and since I had already assembled a couple of 'Dutch the Fox' characters I knew I wanted to use one for the card. I added Glossy Accents to his eyes, nose and the pom pom of the party hat.

To make the background, I smeared dye inks on an acrylic block then spritzed the block with water. The water colour paper panel (cut to size) was then pressed onto the wet acrylic block. I added die cut birch trees.


Doesn't Dutch look good in a party hat? Both Dutch and the hat were designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.


Inside I stamped the words in two colours of blue with the help of my MISTI stamping tool.


Check out the blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd sure love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C294.

Supplies:
Dutch the Fox, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Props 2 (Party Hat), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Birch Trees - Memory Box
Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Tape - 152mm (6")
90# Water Colour Paper - Canson
Off white card and envelope - Michaels
Chalks
Dye ink pads
White card stock
Glossy Accents
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Words inside - Papertrey Ink
Washi tape on envelope front
Card size - 5 x 6-1/2"


Thanks for stopping by today


3 comments:

  1. compliment- this card is so beautiful

    elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. that has to be the cutest fox....and what a wonderful backdrop those woods are...fabbo

    ReplyDelete
  3. love how you did the background on this ... great card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen