Friday 3 October 2014

Farming Birthday Card

Good morning friends.

Olivia came through her surgery with no problems, so that was a HUGE relief for all of us. Poor little thing ... she's been through a lot this week.


3 year old's bounce back quickly though:


She will remain in hospital in Edmonton until next week and I'm missing them like crazy.

The Collins Show is over and we are now able to share our creations with the new dies that were released at the show.  Karen Burniston has some additions to the Pop it Ups line AND two new Characters that you are going to love. There is also a new Props 2 die -- in a birthday theme - woot!

For today's card share, I used the new Happy Birthday Pop Up die.



Ha - you thought I used the Lorna Label Pop it Ups die set a lot ... wait until you see THIS one! I used it for both our son and our daughter's September birthdays, and the whole Designer Challenge Team is having a blast with it.

I just checked the Labels on the right side of my blog, and I have made over 90 birthday cards this year. !!  The majority of them were donated to Seniors Secret Service and this Happy Birthday Pop Up die will be perfect for making fun, interactive cards for the Seniors as well as family and friends. Karen must have been reading my mind when she designed a Happy Birthday Pop it Ups set.  THANK YOU Karen B!!

Here is a peek at the front of the card I made for our daughter. I used the same Scrapbook Kit I used for her cards last year, as she has red hair and dreams of owning a farm. They also grow their own veggies and she is pushing their MD to allow chickens.


Inside is the Happy Birthday Pop Up.  It comes with stars below the words, but I'm not actually a fan of stars. I'm sure I will like them more as I use them with the die, but I wanted to show you that they could be easily covered up as well.


I added some of the stickers from the Scrapbook Kit, and brushed the back side with Baby Powder where they stuck up or away from the Pop Up.  Don't you love the script on the Happy Birthday? It's easy to use on the front's of other cards as well - double duty means double the fun.


It should come as no surprise that Karen Burniston designed this to work with the Lorna Label Pop Up, and I can't wait to play with the two together. Immediately I wanted to do a double platform, with the Lorna on the bottom and the Happy Birthday on the top.  For this card, I used the stitched label from the Lorna Label Decorator Dies as a place to write our message on the card.




Heather loved her card, as did Olivia.  Ethan had to run around with his hands under his arms, saying 'cluck cluck' as only Ethan can.  :-)

Supplies:
947 Happy Birthday Pop Up, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
915 Lorna Label Pop up,  Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs) (Stitched Label)
Blue card stock - Stampin' Up
Red card stock
Patterned paper and stickers - October Afternoon (Farm Girl 12x12" Srapbook kit)

Card size - 4-1/2 x 6"

Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

  1. Loving the chickens on thus card. Olivia is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Karen- I am so happy for you and Olivia that she is better now! I can imagine what you feel- wish her good luck to solve all the problems!

    And your cards are beautiful! Where I can buy such dies here in germany?
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elma, I will try to find out where you can find the dies in Germany.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen