Thursday 14 June 2012

Penguin Birthday Card

I have a friend who likes penguins, so this is the birthday card I made for her.


This was such a fun card to make!  First, those darling penguins. If you have been following my blog, you will know how much I love the critter stamps at Stamps By Judith. This sweet penguin was another of my Mesa Rubber Stamp Show purchases back in March.

The card is 6" square, and the blue panel with the green hill is actually the top 6" of the paper I used on THIS CARD.  :-)   So the 'hill',  is actually the top of the tree.


I stamped the penguin twice on white card stock, and added colour with pencils, Copics and chalks. Then I fussy cut them out, and added Glossy Accents to their beaks.  The hats and stars are stickers from my stash - I thought they fit the theme really well. Fun fun FUN!


Above is a peek at the inside, using one of my new Papertrey Ink stamps. It's so good to have some new birthday verse stamps!!

I am still TRYNG to stay away from challenges this month. June is going to be crazy busy around here, and when I'm in my studio I need to be focusing on items other than challenge cards. Come July I'll get back at it. Please forgive me for not keeping up with my comments on your very often blogs this month.

Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

  1. so funny little animals! Nice card
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen