Wednesday 6 June 2012

Cabin in the Woods Card #2

I am going to TRY to stay away from challenges this month. June is going to be crazy busy around here, and while I will be in my studio I need to be focusing on items other than challenge cards. Come July I'll get back at it. Please forgive me for not keeping up with my comments on your very often blogs this month.

My Mom asked me to make her three Father's Day cards, and I was happy to comply.  After making Monday's card, I picked up the Stampscapes cabin stamp to clean it. I could still see the two-toned ink on it and I just had to get one more image out of that inking ...



First I inked up the brushstroke stamp (BJ's Rubber Stamps) with a rainbow ink pad, and stamped the cabin stamp onto the RUBBER of the brushstroke one.  Then I stamped the background brushstroke onto the panel of white card stock.  This gives a reverse image - the cabin is facing the opposite way to the way it would if you stamped it right onto the card.  So this technique doesn't work with text!


The card was finished off the same way as Mondays 'Cabin In The Woods' card, although I used Stampin' Up's 'Old Olive' for the A2 card base instead of Baja Breeze.  This card is artsy enough for my husband, without being 'too much'.  So I now have one of my Mom's Father's Day cards finished!

I see that there is a new sketch up at the Freshly Made Sketch Challenge Blog, and it really appeals to me. Maybe the only way to stay away from the challenges is to stop checking them out.  :-)

Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

  1. sometimes we all need a brake------ look forward when you are back
    Your card is so nice
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that stamp Karen......looks like you've just brushed snow away from a window pain to see out !!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that is a different take on it again Karen do love this stamp must get mine out and ply sooooon! love the fathers card above too thanks so much for popping over to my blog to say hi too! Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen