Tuesday 7 February 2012

Lotsa Hearts Valentine Card


I had SO much fun making this Valentine, and the card came together in relatively short time. I knew I wanted to use the SU heart punch, which was in their Clearance Blitz. I'd had my eye on it for a long time, and when it came up in the Blitz I added it right to the shopping card. Score!


The patterned hearts were punched out of the patterned mat, as I knew the Top Note die cut would hide the heart shaped holes. The bottom half of the white die was embossed with a Sizzix plaid embossing folder, then lightly sponged with red ink. I traced over the stitching lines on the top half with a red pen.

The metallic heart in the very center was added with my iRock tool and I like the shimmer it adds the card.

Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

  1. thats a nice Valentines card!
    Heloo from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, love that 3D affect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elegant and stunning!
    Great card Karen.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love it Karen, the bunch of hearts are so sweet and I always want more embossing folders after visiting your blog!!! :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen