Monday 27 February 2012

3-d Congratulations Card

Last year, our son not only won the Dean's award in his apprentice program, he also won Apprentice of the Year (in his field).  There was a big awards ceremony in Edmonton which we drove up for and this is the card I made for him. I'm posting it today for my Masculine Card Monday.


I used my Cricut and the 'Beyond Birthday's cartridge to cut the CONGRATULATIONS. The black layer was attached to the shadow with foam tape. There is lots of foam tape on this card, since I was going to be hand delivering it.


The card stock (except the black & white) is lovely textured stuff, that I got from the Stampin' Up clearance rack. I love that stuff.



The word stamps are by Verve and they were stamped in teal ink.


Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

  1. thats looking great! Good idea with teh words
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be SO proud Karen! I love the card you made for your superstar son - the dimension is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colourful,3D card. Well done to your son.
    Jaynme x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow doesn't that message just pop off the card and I love the sentiment inside....brilliant card Karen and huge congrats to your son, you must be a proud Mum :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen