Monday 13 February 2012

Deer & Trees Birthday Card

I was thinking I wouldn't have time to post anything today, with hosting the rehearsal dinner and several overnight guests on Friday night, the wedding on Saturday, AND hosting a brunch here for 25 people on Sunday. So, I scheduled this post last week and used the new Papertrey Ink stamps/dies for my Masculine Card Monday:


Their "In the Meadow" die set, to be more specific. The hills were the main reason that I placed an order with PTI in the first place - I can see so many possibilities for them!

I also purchased the matching stamp set, and - while it's mostly a Christmas set - the tree and deer stamp/dies can be used for other occasions.


I didn't pop up the 2nd layer of ground, since I was already popping up the tree and deer, but I want to try that next, and tuck a tree in between the layers. Fun!  This is a 4.5 x 6" card.

PTI also makes the large birthday word stamp - such a nice change from the smaller ones I usually use.

I'm not sure when I will have pictures from the wedding to share, but I will pop back on with a regular post later in the week to share an update at least.

Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous masculine card Karen and love the inking of the trees.
    I hope you had a brilliant weekend and that you all enjoyed your daughter's wedding.Can't wait to hear all about it.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen this card is so fantastic------love it
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so rot about this stamp set not being just for Christmas Karen, makes the perfect guys card !
    Fab little scene you've made :0)
    Look forward to hearing about the weekend :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen