Monday 22 August 2011

Tim Holtz Tag for Sue #2

Here is the 2nd tag I sent to Sue for our 'First Of The Month Exchange' in August. I wanted something pretty and not necessarily all altered and inked and grunged up ...

K&Co double sided patterned paper, with some subtle stamping. The background stamps were from the bargain bit at Michaels.  :-)  The swirls are actually from the top of a tree stamp that I bought last year for Fall and Halloween!  The bookplate is on the same die (I LOVE this bookplate) and the butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch.

I inked the bookplate with purple metallic ink (Colorbox), stamped the words (Hero Arts) with the same ink on a scrap of off white card stock. That was attached behind the bookplate opening before attaching the purple gems.

The butterfly was punched twice, layered with foam tape, and a little glitter glue spread just on the body. It was attached to the bookplate before I adhered the bookplate to the bottom of the tag with foam tape. Because all the butterfly layers are attached at the body only, the wings lift up which gives it such a nice, airy look.

Fibres from my stash ...

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen