Saturday 1 February 2014

Hubby's Valentine Card

Good morning friends!

When I was in Arizona in November, I found this cute Valentine's Paper stack, so cut out a bunch of Pop 'n Cut cards to assemble back home.  Ha - otherwise I'd want to be making Heart Pivot cards for the whole family this Valentine's Day!


This one is for my hubby ... I added a strip of glimmer paper to the front, a 3-d chipboard sticker and a puffy heart sticker.


I used the A2 Pop 'n Cut base with the included circle label insert, and added a 3-d sticker to the label with a couple more puffy heart stickers.


Inside that big sketched heart stamp is where I plan on adding a note and signature. There are three Glitter Dots on the bottom right side of the stamped heart, which don't show up well in the photo but add sparkle in real life.



I added punched hearts back to back with the Bakers Twine sandwiched between them to create this little banner. A few Glitter Dot stickers were added for some sparkle - and the banner sort of flutters when the card is opened or turned.


The way my days have been flying by, I wasn't sure I would even be able to get Valentine's made this year. It's a good thing I had these bases/inserts all cut and ready, as the decorating part can be kept simple and the cards still look great with the Pop 'n Cut feature.

Supplies used:
A2 Pop 'n Cut base with the included Circle Label insert
Patterned paper - Crate Paper
3-d Chipboard stickers - Pebbles
Heart punch - Stampin' Up
7018 Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Bakers twine
Puffy heart stickers - K & Co
Glimmer Paper - Stampin' Up
Heart stamp - Stamps by Judith

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. thats a fantastic paper! Love your card
    elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card Karen. I love how you drew the heart for a signature area, yours is perfect - as what I would expect from your beautiful handwriting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen