Thursday 27 February 2014

Ducky It's a Boy card

Good morning friends!

I have a baby boy card to share today - one of several I made using a 12 x 12" scrapbook kit by Echo Park. I was going for rather nontraditional colours for these cards, and I think they turned out pretty cute.


This card is 4-1/2 x 6" and I used one of the journal cards from the kit for the front. I added the hand lettering and a stamped & fussy cut baby duck.


The inside was trimmed slightly smaller and cut with the Lucy Label Pop it Up die.  I tied it blue seam binding around the top edge before I attached the inside to the backing card, and a strip of light patterned paper as an area to add a note and signature.


You can chose whether or not to use the extra bump at the top of the pop up and for this one I wanted to use it. All the label layers come with the Lucy Label Pop it Ups, and I added a 'sweet boy' sticker to the smaller one.



Congratulations was stamped on one of the smaller labels and popped up on the larger one with foam tape. To get the Lucy Label a different colour & pattern than the background paper, I ran it through again with a smaller piece of the blue striped paper. Trim away the excess bits and it fits perfectly on the pop up.




Supplies used:
Lucy Label Pop Up - 779 Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Patterned paper, stickers and journal card - "All About A Boy" (Echo Park)
Seam binding - Really Reasonable Ribbon
Black brad (on duck, for eye)
Duck stamp - unknown


Thanks for stopping by today!



3 comments:

  1. Such a fun baby card, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats so cute!

    Cheers Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun in this card's colors, Karen. And perfectly balanced design, too. Love that ribbon bow for the top.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen