Thursday 14 July 2011

Mitten Christmas Card


So this is one of those cards that looked better in my head than it did when it was finished. I tried to be creative and should have just kept it simple.  :-)

The challenge at 'Bitten By The Bug 2' is to use the mitten from 'Joys of the Season' cartridge -- one of my favourite Christmas cartridges.  I think if the mitten had been bigger and I hadn't used the shaped base it may have been better. And I wish I'd popped up the snowflake on the mitten as well ... but once it was glued down, there was no moving it.

I was hoping to make several of these, but ... I just don't like it enough to do multiples. Ahh well ... it won't go to waste and it's always grounding to know that not everything you do will turn out perfectly.




Now for something non paper related ...


Thunder - it can make for a miserable dog in a lot of homes. Poor Sasha used to vibrate so hard we thought her heart might stop. She would shake and pant and DROOL and I found a Thundershirt really helped her. Last year, Brandi was affected by thunder as well ... so I  bought her a Thundershirt at our local Pet Planet this week.  I would HIGHLY recommend this easy to use pressure wrap for any dog that is bothered by thunder, fireworks etc.  The other night a thunderstorm rolled in. Before I heard the first peal of thunder - Brandi was at my feet, shaking and I knew what was coming. I got out her brand new Thundershirt, wrapped it around her - and she lay down & went to sleep. She was still aware of the thunder, but she wasn't freaked out and she wasn't shaking.

Once we went to bed, she still needed to be on the bed with us -- but I think that is more because that is what she normally does if she is stressed. She didn't need to be petted. She didn't need to lean on us - vibrating/shaking keeping us awake. She just curled up at the foot of the bed and went to sleep.

I have a Jasper/Cooper sized Thundershirt as well, and Jasper wore his for a bit last night. He runs around the house barking like crazy whenever there is a thunder clap. After his shirt was on, he got up and barked the first couple of times - but no crazy racing around. Then he just went to sleep.

Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

  1. I love the shaped base you used and the fab color scheme. I think it's beautiful! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 this week. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute take on our mitten challenge. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice! Great embossing and paper! Thanks for joining us over at the BBTB2! DT Member Carri :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the mitten card. Sometimes we are critics of own work but you did a fine job. My first dog's name was Sasha. Dog I have now is named Teddy and he is pictured in some of my blog posts. I'm a new follower of your blog. Please ck out my blog & become a follower if you like. I visited Canada: Niagara Falls (both US & Canada side), Vancouver & recently this yr Toronto.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the paper you used on this mitten..nothing wrong with your card were our own worst critics :) when i do the uh oh with my glued down images,i just cut another and adhere it wit a foam dimensional directly over or slightly askew the already adhered image it gives it sort of a shadow effect. thanks for sharing with us at bbtb2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely! I love the colors and all your little details. Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen