Wednesday 20 July 2011

LIM Week 24 ... Circle Card

The challenge this week at "Less Is More", is to use circles, while keeping the clean and simple look with lots of white space.  I don't use circles any more than I use yellow.  Sigh.  So - this is what I came up with. It's another card that looks better in real life, I just couldn't' get a good photo of it.


This is sized to be an A2 card, and I trimmed away a strip from the front of the card. I attached 3 patterned paper circles (cut with Nesties) just on the edge, so they hang over the cut edge but not beyond the back right edge.

I cut another strip of patterned paper, scalloped the edge with scissors, then attached it inside along the right edge. It peeks through the openings between the circles when the card is closed.

I added one of those sweet felt flowers I found at Wal-Mart to the bottom circle. It hangs over the edge, and of course is sticky ... so I rubbed the overhang pieces with baby powder.
The tricky part was on the inside.  I didn't like seeing the reverse side of the patterned paper on the circles, when the card was opened. So I cut three more white circles and attached them to the back of each circle for a cleaner look.

Then I cut another circle, pen stitched around the edge, added a 'Sending Smiles' stamp (Hero Arts). I CAREFULLY lined it up so it is hidden by the bottom circle and you don't see it when the card is closed.

I don't know, it just seemed to need SOMEthing so I added a patterned paper panel to the inside left side of the card, but now I don't know if it really did need it. At any rate - it will be a fun and different card to send to someone. Circles - check.  Yellow - check.  Go figure!

Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

  1. I love it Karen, such a different fun shape for a change. Love the hidden sentiment too, good for you stepping outside your comfort zone :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, Woah, well done you, two things you don't use and you've used them both effectively here:0) A very interesting and lovely card. Thanks for your lovely comments on my card, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is terrific, what a great design!
    Thanks so much for this super submission.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so funky and modern, I love it!
    Thank you Karen
    diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen