Monday 18 July 2011

Christmas Cards - July 2011

I joined the Christmas Card Challenge at Splitcoast again this year, where we are to make a pre-determined number of cards each month. Last year I chose to make 10 each month, but that was a little over the top. Not to make them, but I had plenty extra. So this year I've opted to make 5 each month and that way I can make single cards for challenges etc and hopefully will end up with close to the right number of cards for the Christmas season. Here are my cards for July:


I had found this card kit on clearance at Winners last year, and it contains a bunch of pre-printed cards, sentiment stickers, ribbons etc. It was too good of a deal to pass up, so my July cards are CAS (Clean and Simple) and done using that Card Kit.  I'm not sure who makes the kit, but will edit this post when I am able to check.

I added some Stickles for bling, and also outlined the sticker shapes with a sparkly gel pen.

Because the A2 cards are fairly light weight, I have lined each one with  a slightly smaller piece of light weight white card stock. That gives them some substance, without being too heavy.
I know they aren't all that exciting, but they do look nice in real life and I'm still pleased with them. Some people don't appreciate the work that goes into a hand-made card - and that's just a fact. So I still want to send them a hand-made greeting, but keeping it simple is the way to go.

**EDITED TO ADD  the card kit is called "Dear Santa' and it is my My Minds Eye.


Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. lovely xmas cards, karen, and when nov rolls around i'll wish i did this, too:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen