Sunday 3 March 2013

Freshly Made Sketch #75

Due to an impending winter storm watch, we decided to play it safe and not head out to our cabin. While the dogs and I would be just fine 'snowed in' until later on Monday ... my hubby has meetings first thing. Which meant I got some studio playtime yesterday!!!  I made this card for the Freshly Made Sketch #75:


I bought ONE SHEET of this lovely butterfly paper a couple of years ago, and made two cards using it almost immediately. Today's share uses one more piece and there is one left to use another day.


I chose not to shorten the butterfly & polka dot pieces - it just looked 'off' somehow'. Other than that, I kept fairly close to this fun sketch. OK, I kept somewhat close.  Grin.



Since the butterfly paper was so glittery, I added some Stickles to the punched out butterfly. This is a larger card, 6.5 x 5" and is going right into my stash.

Thanks for stopping by today!


3 comments:

  1. I love butterflys- your card is nice
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! That butterfly paper is exquisite! I can understand why you held on to it. It looks fabulous with the polka dot paper, and I really like how you stamped on the polka dot paper, too. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card Kaaren! Love the sparkly butterflies! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen