Sunday 14 September 2014

Christmas Wine Bottle Tag Trio

Good morning friends!

Yesterday was a very exciting day, with the birth of our 4th Grandchild.  Baby Cohen joined us at 9:23 am and we are all just over the moon to welcome him into the family. Mother and Baby are doing well.  Our Son-In-Law, who just earned his PHD, sent me texts so I'd be 'in the loop.

The first one yesterday morning was "Born".

The second text was "Boy".

Men!!!!

I'm thinking he must have been speechless for the first time in his life.  Ha!

We came out to our cabin last night, just to get out of the house and get a break from all the renovation chaos. This company ... what a bunch of  ... well ... let's just say it's amazing that they are still in business.  OMG.  I checked the main bathroom Friday after the contractors left - it's upstairs and stairs are really hard for me to do.  I would have done it more often Friday if I'd known the number of screw ups.  The biggest one, is that they removed two bathroom drawers and attached - ATTACHED - false fronts. Really? They had to remove the tracks, there were openings cut into the cabinet - how could they not know these were supposed to be drawers? Never mind that their order sheet shows TWO DRAWERS.  That fix is going to take an entire day.

So next week - because they are so S*L*O*W they will have to come back next week - I will explain to them that they obviously need to be babysat, and I will have to go up and check on them every 1/2 hour or so. More fun times!

We ended up packing even more of the few kitchen dishes we'd left out, as it will be a week before I can have a functioning kitchen and then we will be days away from the move. Looks like we will be enjoying Take-Out or going to restaurants until after the move. We will pack up the rest of the kitchen when we get home tonight.

I'm so glad that we have a new baby in the family to bring the joy back into our life as these past 10 days with the contractors have not been fun.

Today's share is a project I love to make ... Wine Bottle Tags (Hangers).  I make sets of them for gifts, hang them on our bottles of wine to decorate the table during the holidays, and put them around gifts of wine, cider or gourmet olive oil.

These three were made before the holidays last year, but I didn't get the pictures shared. Thankfully I have a bunch of those pictures that will carry me through until I have a studio again and can make some new things!




Supplies:
Gold pearl card stock - Star Dream
Red pearl card stock - Star Dream
Embossing folders - Sizzix
Label Dies - MFT
3-d stickers - K & Co
Wine Bottle Hanger die - PTI
Bakers Twine

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. congrats to your new grandchild!


    your new card is beautiful
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cards are awesome. Your a real talent. Congrats on the new grandbaby. This holiday season you might enjoy these Holiday fun bottle toppers. http://www.fetetoday.com/collections/1-christmas-wine-gifts-new-years/products/1-wine-bottle-toppers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen