Saturday 19 January 2013

Seize The Birthday, Sketch 2

Today's share is photo-heavy - it's my card for this weeks challenge at Seize The Birthday:

I rotated the sketch, because I wanted to use this fun chipboard zebra sticker and it worked better in this orientation.  The card is for my Grandson's first birthday - which isn't for awhile - but this way the card for my parents to give him is finished!

Since the card will be hand delivered I was able to coordinate the envelope with the card:



I made a folded banner and hand wrote the words - but the number one was die cut out of heavy charcoal StarDream card stock and attached afterwards.


I barely knicked the edges with a small circle punch, which helps the bakers twine stay in place.

In order to pop up the chipboard zebra sticker, I peeled it off the plastic backing paper and attached my foam tape. Then - BEFORE I removed the foam tape backing, I brushed baby powder all over the adhesive on the sticker. So the only sticky parts were under the foam tape backing. Works like a charm and smells good too.  ;-)



The little zebra was fussy cut from a scrap of the same patterned paper as I used on the bottom front of the card.





Finally, here is a peek at the inside:



Thanks for stopping by today - have a great weekend!


8 comments:

  1. wow is this cute! Wish to have such paper too! My daughter in law loves this animals!
    Love your card
    Hello from Elma ans a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this sweet card Karen!! Oh my! The images are just darling and the papers are perfect!! This is a wonderful masculine birthday card my friend! Love all the photos too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, what a DARLING card & envelope!
    It's just TOO-cute!
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cute as can be! And what a great mathching card and envelope! Love the running zebra and the DPs couldn't be more perfect for this design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just adorable! I love the zebra and the twine. A lot of work and love has gone into this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. karen this is amazing.. so intricate i love it

    Thanks for joining us at Seize The Birthday this week
    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so amazingly cute! I love it!!! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such an amazing creator of detail, Karen! This is stinkin' cute and so well done and, speaking of well done, yippee on the shoutout from STB!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen