Monday 21 November 2016

Karen Burniston's November Designer Challenge - Sparkling Gift Pull Tab Card.

Good morning friends

I actually had a different card made for the challenge, but when I got this one finished I decided use it as my challenge card instead. The theme of second November 2016 Designer Challenge is my choice ... "Charmed, I'm sure" - use any of the charm dies for a card of any theme.

I wanted to use one of the charms as intended, with the Hanging Charm Pull Tab. The Designer Challenge Team has already shown many different ways to use the charms, as have ECD customers. They are quite versatile! But they also make a great card when used with the Hanging Charm Pull Tab.  The card started with some festive, sparkly patterned paper and white Soft Finish Card Stock.


When folded flat, this card will fit in a standard invitation envelope and mail for a single stamp.


When you pull the tab, the frame slides up and the sweet little gift charm dangles in the opening.



The snowflakes and bow on the gift were cut from white glitter paper so they are super sparkly. I cut the gift and bow twice and adhered them back to back. That way if the charm spins around in the opening it looks pretty from either angle.


I like to make this type of card a flat, post card style. But I also like to decorate the back a little so here is the back of this Christmas card. There's lots of room for a handwritten message below the stamped words.


I hope you will check out the rest of the Designer Challenge Team - their blogs are linked on the right. Karen Burniston will have her post for the challenge tomorrow (Tuesday) on her BLOG.

Supplies:
Hanging Charm Pull Tab, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Holiday Charms Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Holiday Clear Stamps Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Spiral Circle Pull Card (large snowflake), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Soft Finish Card Stock, 100# - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Glittered, patterned paper - My Minds Eye
Glitter paper - American Crafts
Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs

Card size - Standard A2

Thanks for stopping by today

SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. wonderful colours and I like the card too
    elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty, love the gift charm in the pull up frame

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen