Saturday 16 May 2015

C4C286 Sketch Card

Good morning friends

It's the third Saturday of the month and that means it's a Sketch Challenge at the Crazy4Challenges Blog. Barbara Anders is our hostess for May and here is her sketch:


I stuck pretty close to the sketch, making a birthday card for our son's girlfriend who loves horses.



The balloon was cut from patterned paper and transparency, then layered with the transparency on top. I love the glossy shine from the balloon as the card is turned. When my friend "B" was visiting me in Arizona, she had just purchased this balloon die set by Lawn Fawn. I tried not to succumb to the temptation, but seeing how many birthday cards I make in a year I decided to add that set to my collection too.  :-)


I used my MISTI (Most Incredible Stamping Tool Invented) to stamp the words inside. Because the stamp is so large, I wanted to be sure I got a good impression. Even with careful inking and pressure, there were spots that didn't stamp properly ... but with the MISTI I was able to re-stamp directly over the first image for a perfect impression! That tool is worth EVERY penny.

Check out the blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge.  We'd sure love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C286.

Supplies:
Cream card stock - Hobby Lobby
Patterned paper - American Crafts
Blueprints #1 (Stitched strip) - MFT
Balloon die - Lawn Fawn
Rectangle Pull Card - Balloon String/Swirly Doo - Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Transparency
397 Happy Birthday Peel Off's - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Stickles
Card Size - 4-1/2 x 5-1/2"


Thanks for stopping by today



3 comments:

  1. yes I love my MISTI, so much easier to stamp those large stamps. Love your card you created for your DIL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card!
    elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the balloon - what a great idea to cut the top layer from transparency! I wish I had thought of that before.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen