Monday 3 December 2012

Large Poinsetta Card

I like to make my parents a special Christmas card each year, so this year I decided to pull out my Poinsettia die (Sizzix).  I have had this die for a couple of years, and used it exactly once.  I thought it was going to cut the poinsettia, but it turns out it cuts just ONE large petal, one small petal and the small center flower.  Running it through the Big Shot multiple times for a single bloom was not my idea of fun at a time of year when so many other things require my attention and time.


Now that I've made one and now that I know that I can cut multiple layers at a time, I may be tempted to make some more of these beauties. Wouldn't they make gorgeous package toppers?


This is a full 6" square card, and I used some pearlized, embossed patterned paper for the background.


Some of the petals were embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing folder for texture, and I used a stamen punch from my stash for the center. And glitter glue.  :-)

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. that will look great at your gifts!

    Hello and a nice days
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen