Saturday 19 May 2012

First Birthday Card

My parents wanted me to make them a card for our Granddaughter's first birthday this month, and this is what I came up with:


It's a 5-1/4" square card, and the patterned paper block is embossed and glittered. I wrapped a ribbon around it, tied a bow and popped it up onto the white card base with foam tape.


A Child's Year is probably one of my most used Cricut cartridges. I have made SO many things with it, but they were posted on my old blog so won't show up again here. This little one in a high chair with a cupcake and one candle? Perfect for a sweet little girl's first birthday. I cut the main silhouette image out of black card stock and the shadow out of pink then glued them together. Finally, I added some glitter to the top of the cupcake to catch the light a little.

The lacy frame's size was adjusted to be longer with the Gypsy, cut out of white card stock then embossed with a folder. It was popped up with foam tape, and then the high chair image was popped up as well. I love it when we can hand deliver cards - look out foam tape!


I added another panel of the sparkly paper inside, and stamped the words (SU) in black. If I'd had my PTI Smoky Shadow ink when I made this card, I would have used that!  (The dark words are easier for my parents to read).

I sure had fun making this card, and my parents loved it too. It's just so hard to believe an entire year has passed already!

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

  1. a nice card- interestin is the silouette image
    Wish you a nice weekend
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the silhouette images on this cartridge too but sadly didn't think I'd use them enough to warrant buying it.
    Gorgeous card and love the poem inside too :0)
    The Less is More challenge this week would be a great opportunity to use the cartridge again *wink*
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen