Wednesday 14 March 2012

Something Wonderful Card


I used my PTI  Layered Daisy die again for this card. I just love that die, with all it's layers. The background paper is by Prima and it matches the PTI rose card stock perfectly.


The label was die cut with a MFT die (I'm pretty sure) and stamped with a Gina K word stamp. The row of dots (?) is one I usually use for butterfly trails, but it does make a nice little border too.


I cut the flower from patterned paper (same stack as the mat) and also the rose card stock, then slightly off-set the layers. I love how the die was designed with cutouts in the centers of some of the layers to reduce bulk.


Here is a peek at the inside - I added a tiny strip of patterned paper at the top edge of the white panel, and a couple of the leftover flower layers. The button on this one? It's also a PTI die.  :-)))
It's the first time I've used it and I am so impressed that it also cuts out the little holes. I bought the SU button embosslet and was very disappointed that it cut and embossed the buttons - but not the button holes.
 

So this is another pretty card for my stash - I will keep it on hand for when I need to send off a 'pick-me-up' card.

Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

  1. like the card
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I a'm realy happy about all your kind comments Karen- thanks a lot
    Wish you a nice evening
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Karen and I love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful flower Karen, such great dimension. The single layer of petals makes a brilliant accent snide the card :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen