Tuesday 18 August 2015

Pink Grandparent's Day Card

Good morning friends

When hubby got the shelves in my Craft Room closets, I was able to get to and organize my clear stamps. I had a goal to have all my wood mounted stamps peeled off their wood** and organized by the end of summer, which would be within the first year of us moving. But I've realized that with my Rheumatoid Arthritis diagnosis my energy level is half what it used to be and that goal was extended indefinitely. However, I am happy to report that I now have all my Thanksgiving and Halloween stamps done! Done as in peeled off the wood, Aleenes Tack It Over and Over glue applied and each piece of rubber is attached inside clear DVD cases. The indexing still has to be done - but that involves stamping every single image onto whatever I'm going to use to index them, so that can be done another time. It will be so nice to have those holiday stamps in my Craft Room now, instead of out in the garage with the rest of my wood mounted stamps.

**I love my wood mounted stamps, but I have 1/3 the space in my new Craft Room as I did in our other house. If I take the majority of my stamps off their wood, I will be able to keep them in my Craft Room so that is the choice I've made. If I had my 'druthers' though - I'd keep them on their beautiful wood mounts.

Onto today's share, I wanted to play with this 'HAPPY' die so came up with a Grandparent's Day card. The front panel was cut from pink pearlized card stock, which shows up the embossing so nicely.


Of course I made it a Pop-Up card, using the Lorna Label Pop it Ups die by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.  I've realized I'm not using my embossing folders nearly enough so pulled a couple of older ones out for this card.



Here is a side view of the card so you can see the Pop-Up a little better. Love that sweet row of hearts - it comes with a set of Lawn Fawn dies but works perfectly with the Lorna Label Pop-Up.



Supplies:
Happy die - My Favorite Things
Stitched Curve Die - My Favorite Things
Lorna Label Pop Up, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Row of Hearts - Lawn Fawn
White card stock
Pink Pearl card stock
Embossing folder (outer card) - Cuttlebug
Embossing folder (inner card) - Craft Concepts
Glossy Accents (small heart)

Thanks for stopping by today



2 comments:

  1. glad you managed to organise a few of your stamps so you can get to them easier, such a big step to unmount them. I am not that brave haha! Looks like we both have a Lorna Label pop up on our blogs today :) ... love yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice card- and wonderful colors

    Hugs Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen