Wednesday 19 August 2015

Hydrangea Birthday Card

Good morning friends

Today I have a special card to share, one that I made for my Mom for her Birthday earlier this month. Because I was hand delivering the card, I made it large - a full 6 x 6" square.

I love how the 'Happy' and 'Birthday' are separate dies on Karen Burniston's Happy Birthday Pop-Up die set, and I find lots of uses for just the 'Happy' die. Here I used the 'Happy' twice, and die cut one of the Agatha Edges from the front of the purple outer card.


I ordered these 3-d stickers especially for the card. I have quite a stash of stickers and embellishments, but for this one I wanted something truly special.


The card ended up being fairly top heavy, so I added the white panel of card stock to the base. The bottom edge was cut with one of the Paris Edges. The Pop-Up card is the Lorna Label, which is probably my second favourite Pop-it Ups die by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.


The stickers have glitter and gems on them - they are truly beautiful. I brushed Baby Powder on the backs of the stickers where they hung over any edges.


I hand lettered the inside and added some chalks over the writing.


Above is a side view of the Pop-Up, which you can see I lined with pink glossy card stock to show through the opening.

Supplies:
Lorna Label Pop-Up, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Paris Edges, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Agatha Edges, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Purple card stock - Bazzill
3-d Stickers - K & Company
Baby powder
Sheer ribbon - Creative Packaging
Chalks - CraftT
Card size - 6 x 6"

Thanks for stopping by today


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Love the hydrangeas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card, those flowers look so real :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! It is every morning a pleasure to look at first at your wonderful cards!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen