Saturday 15 August 2015

C4C299 Sketch Card

Good morning friends

It's Saturday and that means a new challenge on the Crazy 4 Challenges Blog. Frances Byrne is our August hostess, and she has a sketch for us this week, and Anna Wight is our August Guest Designer.


I had been flipping through my stamps and this bee set caught my eye. I went with it to create a Grandparent's Day card!


I love the MISTI stamping tool for cards like this - I as able to stamp the bee and words multiple times in black ink to get a nice dark impression. I also used the MISTI for the background, so I didn't have any lighter areas, since it's a larger stamp.


Inside I added the Happy from Karen Burniston's Pop it Ups Happy Birthday Pop Up Card, and penned the other words with a black pen.


Check out the blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd sure love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C299.

Supplies:
Spiral circle Pull Card, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Happy Birthday Pop Up (Happy), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Yellow card stock - Papertrey Ink
White card stock
Bees, honeycomb and words - Stamps of Life
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Circle Punch, 3/4" - Stampin' Up
White Gelly Roll Pen -  Sakura
Stickles
Marker - Stampin' Up

Card size - 5" square

Thanks for stopping by today



3 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen