Monday 10 August 2015

Karen Burniston's August 2015 Designer Challenge - First Card

Good morning friends:

It's Designer Challenge time again, and here is Karen Burniston's challenge:
Pick any project from any Designer Challenge going back to the beginning and use it as inspiration for a new card. You could be inspired by a technique, a color scheme, a combination of dies - anything.

This was a tough one for sure - every one of the Designer Challenge team inspires me every single month. It would have been easier to just go 'eeny meenie miny mo'!  It was fun, however, to go back through the challenges and see all the creative goodness that the team has come up with.

Finally I decided to go with Karen Burniston's Buster the Dog Pop-Up Birthday Card.  What inspired me was the way she tilted Buster's head ... it inspired me to use some of the Character heads only for my card.

I made a belated Birthday card for Karen Burniston, because if you can believe it - I missed her birthday (hangs head in shame). I wanted to send her a special card, along with some card samples using her newest dies.  Here is the front of her Birthday card:



Cocoa the Horse, Brownie the Cow and William the Goat are all adhered to the fence from the Fence Pop Stand, then the whole crew is attached to the front of the card with an Action Wobble. Ha - a whole lot of 'boing boing' going on! I also added the fabulous new Chicken Wire to the background.


Here is the inside ... I used the Lots of Pops Pop-Up die to animate Virgil the Pig, then added a whole bouquet of balloons to the back wall of the card.



The balloons were die cut from the same patterned paper as the front and back of the card, but I added colour to the outer edges with a sponge and die ink. Then I added a couple of bows from the Props 2. I also made another fence from wood grain patterned paper, cut it in half and attached it on either side of the large bump out from the Lots of Pops.


I find all kinds of uses for the 'Happy' that comes with the Happy Birthday Pop-Up die, so here I paired it with the new banner from the Merry Christmas Pop-Up and penned 'Hope it was REALLY' on the banner before attaching it with foam tape.


I will be back tomorrow with a second card for the August 2015 Designer Challenge, and Karen Burniston will have her post on Wednesday. Be sure to check my sidebar for the rest of the Designer Challenge Team to see what they were inspired to create for the challenge!

Supplies:
1044 Cocoa the Horse, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
1022 Brownie the Cow, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
1048 William the Goat, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
1024 Virgil the Pig, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
1045 Fence Pop Stand, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
1043 Chicken Wire, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
949 Props 2 , Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
1039 Merry Christmas Pop-Up (Banner), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
947 Happy Birthday Pop-Up (Happy), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Tape, 1/4" and 6"
801 Elizabeth Craft Designs Fine Point Tweezers
406 Black Velvet Adhesive Sheets - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Light Grey card stock
Black card stock
White card stock
Kraft card stock
Light brown card stock
Rust card stock
Peach card stock
Cream card stock
Patterned paper - American Crafts
Chalks
Action Wobble
Herd You and Squeal stamps - My Favorite Things
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia


Thanks for stopping by today




4 comments:

  1. gorgeous cards you made
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a Special card Karen, i know she just loved it and it was worth the wait! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen