Monday 31 March 2014

Stamps from Dies!

Good morning friends!

Today is the first Design Team post on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog - be sure to check it out and see what the team came up with for the theme 'Flowers'. Joset will have the post up at some point today.

Today's share is an idea has been on my back burner ever since Karen Burniston sent me her All Season's Tree die. I just knew I wanted to make it into a stamp.


I use fun foam a LOT in my projects! It cuts like a dream with these wafer thin dies, so that is what I used to make my stamps. I ran the dies through a piece of adhesive backed fun foam from the craft store, then peeled off the backing and attached the stamps to a scrap piece of plastic. You could use a yogurt lid - anything really. I just wanted it to have some stability and use a bit of double sided tape to attach it to my acrylic block for stamping. If you have wood blocks laying around, you could attach the foam right to the wood block!


I have more to make - I'm looking forward to making stamps for the Katie Label Pivot with some etching as a design, but for now I have the tree and clouds/foliage from the All Season Tree, and the Grass from the Garden Bench.

I had what I needed to make the following card for Masculine Card Monday here on my blog!


The stamped dog images are from The Alley Way Stamps. I am having so much fun with them!  You can see I created a little scene, with the stamped grass, clouds and tree - and I sponged a hill with torn paper.


The little camera die was a birthday present from my In-Laws (THANKS!!).


This is a standard A2 card made from Kraft card stock. I used one of the new Elizabeth Craft Design embossing folders to create the texture and inked the edges with brown.




Finally, here is a look at the card from the top and from the back ...



This one will be going into my next donation box for Seniors Secret Service!


Supplies used:
Katie Label Pivot - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Camera die - My Favorite Things
Dog images - The Alley Way Stamps
Tree, cloud and grass stamps - made using Pop it Ups dies, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Black and red card stock - scraps
Kraft card stock - Hobby Lobby
Tiles 2 embossing folder - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Patterned paper - American Crafts, Dear Lizzy
Hand lettering


Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. I love to see here everyday a new card with your fantastic dies!

    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. another fun card, great idea using the dies to create stamps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to use the dies to make stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen