Sunday 23 March 2014

Double High 100th birthday

Good morning friends!

When Seniors Secret Service asked if I could make a 100th birthday card for them this month, I thought I would make a Double High Pivot Card.  For a video of Karen Burniston showing this technique, click HERE.  Karen is the designer behind the Pop it Up dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs.

I used some really sparkly paper from my stash but the embedded glitter doesn't photograph well. You will have to take my word for it, that this is one sparkly card!



I started with a 10 x 7" piece of white card stock, scored at 5" to give me a 5 x 7" folded card. Then I turned it and scored it at 2-1/2" instead of the 3" Karen B suggested in her video. I wanted some extra room at the bottom, below the pivots.

The circles used to decorate the pivots came from the Circle Accordion Pop it Ups die ... I love how the die sets can all be used together! On the front pivot I added die cut numbers, the word birthday and the 'th'. The 'happy' was penned and I added an orange Glitter Dot for the 'i' in Birthday.


On the back pivot I used the Cupcake die, cutting it out of white and adding some colour with sponges and ink. Then I added Stickles for the frosting and cherry. Since the patterned paper was SO sparkly, I decided to add orange Glimmer Dots (love those things) to the circles on the wrapper.


To bring the colour to the inside center, I cut two 1/4" wide strips of patterned paper and attached them on either side of the fold.


I also chose to add 1-3/4" wide strips on either side of the back fold so the card would be really sturdy.


Just for fun, I sprinkled a few more orange Glitter Dots onto the front fancy edged layer. Those pieces were cut using the Agatha Edge Die. I used the same die to cut the pieces along the inside edges as well.




I wasn't able to deliver this one to them, instead I had to mail it to them so THEY could deliver it to the lady who was celebrating this milestone birthday.

Supplies used:
Katie Label Pivot - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Circle Accordion (for the circle layers) - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Happy Birthday - 783 Elizabeth Craft Designs
Cupcake die - 715 Elizabeth Craft Designs
Glitter dots - 7018 Elizabeth Craft Designs
Patterned paper - MME
100 and th dies - Papertrey Ink
Stickles


Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. great card for such an important birthday1
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. another wonderful Double High Katie label ... you rock those cards for the seniors :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen