Monday 3 March 2014

"Relax" Masculine Birthday Card

Good morning friends!

It's Masculine Card Monday here on my blog, and today's share is the birthday card I made for my Brother In Law ...


They like to spend time in the Miskoka's, so I knew the Adirondack chair would be perfect for him. I like to keep my pop up cards fairly simple on the front, so I just used the Agatha Edge die and matching scroll on the front.


The bottom Kraft card stock is embossed with a Happy Birthday embossing folder, and I dabbed on some ink for contrast. I hand lettered the little banner, which was trimmed smaller by running it through the Big Shot again and moving the banner up the die a little.





On the inside of the backing card (the reverse of the tree patterned paper on the front) I added small piece of tree patterned paper above the fold and Kraft below the fold so white doesn't show through  from reverse side of the patterned paper ...




Supplies used:
782 Agatha Edges - Karen Burniston, Pop it Ups (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
A2 Pop 'n Cut Card with chair insert - Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Banner - Banner and Borders, Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Label - Butterflies and Labels, Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Tree patterned paper - DCWV
Kraft card stock - Michaels
Embossing folder - Cuttlebut
Birthday stamps - Papertrey Ink

Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

  1. fantastic- such chair card is nice idea
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great masculine card and I really like that sentiment stamp. I'm sure he was very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truely a great masculine card, all the way from the front PP to the chair. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card. I look at the tree paper and the chair and it just screams Relax. It makes me think of a chair on the porch of a cabin in the woods. Any man would love this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen