Tuesday 18 March 2014

Bear Accordion

Good morning friends!

Today I have a Fancy Accordion card to share ... I used a bunch of older papers and images from my stash, as well as some newer items.


I added the sparkly gold Peel-Off border stickers (trimmed) on each mitered corner of the outside panels as a way to dress them up a little.



Karen Burniston recommends running your paper strip through a Xyron before cutting your frames out as it makes attaching them SO much easier if they are self adhesive. I decided to try it with label paper from the office supply store, but they kept popping off. I ended up re-attaching all of them with a glue pen, and have since bought a nice wide roll of Score Tape to use instead of the label paper.


Here is what the card looks like from the back.  When you get a Pop it Ups die set, they are attached together with thin metal threads. You snip them apart, but that means YOU get to choose which ones to snip apart and which ones to leave together. I left two of the decorator label pieces attached, so I can quickly run them through and create a frame with one pass through the Big Shot. That is what I did here, with the smaller brown layers.




Oh - and after colouring and die cutting the stamped bear, I added Crystal Effects to his nose and let it dry overnight. I love the shine and the way it catches the light.


This one went into to my Birthday Card stash ...

Supplies used:
Fancy Accordion - 771 Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Fancy Frame Edge - 774 Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Brown card stock - Bazzill
Green patterned paper - K & Co
Peel-Off Boder - 7010 Elizabeth Craft Designs
Crystal effects
Happy Birthday - Papertrey Ink
Bear - Provo Craft




Thanks for stopping by today!


4 comments:

  1. Love it, great idea using the sticker border on the mitre corners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such fabulous card!

    Hello from elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. I kept two of the die pieces in the Oval Pivot set together, but cut all of them apart on the Circle Accordion set. I need to think about how I want to cut apart my additional sets now. Thanks for making me think about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I'd kept the stitched oval attached to the outer one on the Oval Accordion, since I use them together most of the time. It's nice that WE get to chose. Smart for you to think about it before you start snipping. :-)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen