Friday 7 March 2014

Outlet Birthday Flip-It Card

Good morning friends!

It's Flip-It Friday here on my blog, and I wanted to share the card I made for our Son-In-Law. Yes, he is an Electrician by trade.  I saw something similar on Pinterest somewhere along the line, so came up with my own version.


In doing a search to give the original creator credit, I see that I didn't actually remember it correctly and it really should look more like hers.  You can see it HERE.   Ahhh well - he will get a kick out of anyhow.


I used a chipboard coaster to add the outlet's to, and a screw brad. Love those things!


Here is what the card looks like when you pull it open. That little plug stamp is so fun - I bought it from the Stamps by Judith booth at the Mesa Rubber Stamp show last year ... after you stamp it, you just add a thick line wherever you want with a marker.  The little hour glass timer was in my stash, and it seemed to fit perfectly.





Supplies used:
Rectangle Flip-It - Stephanie Barnard (Sizzix)
Blue card stock - Club Scrap
White card stock
Chipboard Coaster - stash
Birthday words - Papertrey Ink
Brad - Spare Parts
Plug stamp - Stamps by Judith
Punch - Stampin' Up
Slots - Lots of Pops, 778 Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs) 


Thanks for stopping by today!


4 comments:

  1. like this card
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son in law is an electrician too ... Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, Karen, what a clever design! He will enjoy receiving it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very cute! I love the flip design! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen