Monday 24 March 2014

Living the Happy Life

Good morning friends!

I have a fun birthday card to share today, using some new stamps.  I made a Pop it Ups card, using the Lots of Pops die by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. When I make a Pop-Up card, I tend to keep the outside rather simple.


For this one I used a Happy Birthday die cut from black card stock, and an arrow stamp & die set. I now have quite a few of the word dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs, and I have to say how much I'm enjoying them! I found the first one a little fiddly to glue down, but after that one I don't even notice it - I use a glue pen and they work like a charm.


Here is a look at the inside ... the fellow I'm sending this to is a dog person.  :-)


Aren't those dog images cute? They are from The Alley Way Stamps and I've had my eye on them for a while. I wanted the dog to stand out more from the dog house, so I extended the lines of the right pop up portion with a kraft knife. Easy and quick to do - just fold the card the way it's supposed to fold with the Lots of Pops. The side pop out bumps are easy to see and you can just extended those two lines, cutting through both layers.


I used the clouds/foliage from the All Seasons Tree set (also by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs) to tuck under the sentiment.


Once I had everything placed, I decided the dog needed to be a little more festive. so I tied on a Bakers Twine bow & stamped a party hat, colouring it with Tombow markers. Then I added a little glitter with a Wink of Stella pen.  I also glittered the bird and a couple of items on the doodled phrase, but made myself put the pen down since it was a MASCULINE card.  :-)


The sentiment was stamped and fussy cut, then coloured in with Tombow markers.


This was such a fun card to make, and I am looking forward to using more of this dog stamp set. There are such CUTE images in it!

Supplies used:
Lots of Pops - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
All Seasons Tree (clouds) - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Happy Birthday - 783, Elizabeth Craft Designs
Dog, bowl, bird and dog house - The Alley Way Stamps
Doodled word stamp - My Favorite Things
Party Hat - Lawn Fawn
Arrow stamp and die - Stampin' Up
Pencil Crayons
Tombow Markers
Bakers Twine
Wink of Stella glitter pen
White card stock
Patterned paper (inside) - American Crafts (Dear Lizzy, Day Dreamer)
Patterned paper (outside) - Crate Paper

Thanks for stopping by today!


3 comments:

  1. Thats realy a fun card- like it
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny, put the glitter pen down & step away.....love it. Very clever on extending the Lots of Pops bump.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what a fun card, love how you extended one of the pop up pieces!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen