Wednesday 5 March 2014

'Boy' Baby Card

Good morning friends!

Today's share is another Pop it Ups baby card, made using the 12x12 Scrapbook kit "All About A Boy".

I tied pretty blue seam binding around the outside front, keeping the bow off to the far right. Then I added the "B is for Boy" journal card from the kit and a 'clipboard' sticker.


The inside was trimmed slightly smaller and I cut the pop-up with Karen Burniston's Lucy Label die. This is one of the new dies in her Pop it Ups collection at Elizabeth Craft Designs. There is an additional 'bump 'that cuts with the label portion. You can choose to use it or not and for this card I opted to use it for mounting the hot air balloon sticker on. First though, I brushed baby powder everywhere on the back of the hot air balloon I didn't want to be sticky.


I added some cloud rub-ons and a border sticker from the kit, and stamped 'Welcome little one' directly on the Lucy Label.


Here is a look at the card from the side ... You can see I added some 'sprocket' print paper on the inside fold of the card front, so that is what you see in behind the pop-up. It looked better than the brown print that is on the double sided sprocket paper.


Another journal card from the kit, some star stickers and this card is ready for my stash.  My 'baby Card Stash' ... because our family will be welcoming THREE babies in 2014.  Three! My knitting looms will also be getting a work out this year as I make baby blankets.  :-)




Supplies used:
Lucy Label, 779 Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Patterned paper, journal cards, stickers - "All About A Boy" by Echo Park
Card Size  4.5 x 6"
Seam binding - Really Reasonable Ribbon
Cloud rub-ons -  Studio Calico
Word stamp - Fiskars


Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. What can I say????? FANTASTIC!

    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just perfect. You combine kit items like nobody's business. Great tip to choose your own backing paper design by just putting a piece in the fold big enough for the opening. Smart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. another fantastic card Karen .. love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen