Thursday 13 March 2014

Pop 'n Cut with BLING

Good morning friends!

I have an older card to share today, one that I made for my cousin for her 65th birthday in October. This lady likes bling. Loves it - in fact, her grand-daughter caller her "Grandma Bling".  So you know I had to add lots of bling to her card.


The 6 & 5 were cut with a Sizzix die, and I added chunky glitter. Then the numbers were popped up on a fancy frame with gem stones. You can see all the sparkly glitter in the floral patterned paper as well.


I used the Funky Label insert in the Square with Ornate Edge Pop 'n Cut base.  I added a computer printed verse that was matted onto purple card stock and added punched butterflies and gems.



I cut a scroll from the sparkly patterned paper to decorate the inside as well.



The envelope has two additional scrolls with even more bling - and I outlined the label on the left side with my Sakura sparkle pen.

This is one shiny, sparkly card!  And she loved it.

Supplies used:
Patterned paper - K & Co
Funky Label Pop 'n Cut Insert - Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Square Card with Ornate Edge Pop 'n Cut card base - Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Sakura sparkle pen
Self adhesive gems - my stash
Butterfly punch - Martha Stewart
Label die - Stampin' Up
Fancy Frame Die - Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Number die - Sizzix
Chunky glitter - Martha Stewart

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. Thought this is for me:-) My 65 is in march lol
    Cheers Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that purple chunky glitter!!! I also love the purple paper & just the fact that it's a pop up makes it all the more awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen