Tuesday 4 March 2014

Cream on Cream Butterfly Card

Good morning friends!

I joke with Karen Burniston, that her wonderful Pop it Ups dies have ruined me as I have a terrible time making a flat card anymore.  I saw a pretty butterfly tone-on-tone card on Pinterest though, and thought I could put my own spin on one and still use Pop it Up dies. 


This is a standard A2 sized card, I cut a smaller cream panel for the front and embossed it with a pretty embossing folder. The oval and stitched frame are included in the Oval Accordion die set (Pop it Ups), and the butterfly base/lacy overlay/body are included in the Butterfly Pivot die set (Pop it Ups).


I've added this to my stash, thinking it would make a lovely sympathy card. Just in case I go to use it for something else though, I have left the inside blank for now.

Supplies used:
Cream card stock - Hobby Lobby
Embossing folder - Paper Studio
767 Butterfly Pivot (butterfly) - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
772 Oval Accordion (oval and stitches) - Pop it Ups, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)

Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

  1. LOL! Can't say I have made many flat cards either this year. Fabulous card today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! So classy with the tone on tone. I agree that it would make a nice sympathy card, or thank you, or thinking of you - anything really!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!!!!!!!! so great!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really lovely! You've just showed how simplicity can be so sophisticated, lovely!
    Hugs, Rita

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely and elegant. I always like to learn ways to use my supplies in another way. Thanks Karen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen