Thursday 18 August 2011

Tim Holtz Tag for Sue

For my new Blog followers, I have a friend in another town (Sue) and the first of each month we pop something we've made into the mail for each other.  Since she just bought the Tim Holtz Tag die, I thought for August first I'd send her a couple of tags that I'd made with it. This is the first one:


I embossed the tag with the swirl embossing folder, and it was rubbed with a purple mettallic ink (ColorBox) and spritzed with glimmer spray (Tattered Angels). I did the same with the die-cut butterfly (Cricut cut)  which was sitting in my 'Odds & Sods' pile. 


A Spellbinders die forms the butterfly body, and I attached a sweet metal butterfly that I found at Michaels. I just can't resist butterflies!  The gems are from M's as well.





As a final little touch, I added this little tab from Tim's "Tiny Tabs and Tags" die with the reinforcement from the Tag die.  Tim's Tiny Attacher provided the tiny staples that holds the tab onto the tag.  :-)

Thanks for stopping by today!
EDITED to add that I'm popping this into the challenge at "Flutterby Wednesday #167" this week!

4 comments:

  1. it looks wonderful
    elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty love the butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Pretty colors! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen