Thursday 4 August 2011

New Day Card

I didn't think I'd have a chance to participate in the Week 26 challenge at the "Less Is More" blog, which is to use fruit or fruit colours on your CAS card. However, as soon as I spotted my row of pears stamp last night - this card practically made itself. I love it when that happens!


The photo is totally skewed though, because it's almost dark and I couldn't find anywhere with decent lighting. But you get the idea.  :-)


The pears (A Stamp In The Hand) were inked with Stampin' Up Creamy Caramel ink, then I used a Crayola green marker on the stems and leaves before stamping. After the pears were stamped, I very LIGHTLY added some shadows with chalk and a Q-Tip.

I punched (EK Success)  a strip of kraft card stock with large scallops, scored the strip in the center and folded it over the spine of the card.  A little white grosgrain ribbon and a rub-on (Stampin' Up) and the card is done.

Note: the stamp and the ink colours are both discontinued. I've had them a L*O*N*G time.  :-) Card is A2 sized.

Thanks for stopping by today!

13 comments:

  1. Just perfect Karen! I love the golden colour you used for the pears, a brilliantly CAS card :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card pears (could not resist & I mean this in a nice complimentary way) up nicely. Like when an idea comes together like this.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. like this card!

    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your pears(I recently bought the 3 pear stamps, script and an apple by A Stamp in the Hand I have on ebay after I gave mine away years ago...I LOVE the images and miss the company:(!!)...you colored them wonderfully...very nice:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooo love this stamp! A real nice card - gorgeous sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card-the pears are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pears look terrific
    Super card
    Thank you so much
    Mandi
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recognize these pears, they are on my LIM-card too :) Love to see another way of using the pears, wonderful card! Thanks for stopping by at my blog :)
    And thank you for mentioning the brand of the pears, I didn't know that (they were a gift once)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card and super design

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness this looks so cool.. it has almost a vintage feel :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just terrific, it's a fabulous image and I love how you have added the shading with chalk.
    I wonder if that stamp is available in the UK... I hope so!
    Thanks so much for joining us with this superb submission!
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely well balanced card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect pears, lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen