Monday 15 August 2011

Baby Rattle Card w/ Gift Bag and Knit Baby Hat

Well I have a photo heavy post for you today! A friend of our daughters had a baby girl last week. J has been friends with H since kindergarten so of course I wanted to celebrate Abigail's arrival with a hand made gift.





I chose a really soft yarn, and knitted (!!) a newborn size beanie. Then I crochet the sweet loopy flower to add and was so pleased with how it turned out.
I found a sparkly pink button in my stash and added that to the flower center for a bit more sparkle.

The down side, is that I have turned into a "knitted hat mad woman". It's just CRAZINESS! I have several hats almost finished for our Christmas craft sale ... just have to figure out how to make some pom poms.  Haven't done those in years either, ha ha. I have also finished 2 hats for our little Granddaughter - who is now 3 months old.  !!

Now the gift needed to be wrapped ... and my last Stampin' Up Clearance Rack order had arrived with these cute little brown/tan glossy card stock gift bags. It was the perfect size for this hat and the pink tissue paper. But it needed to be dressed up a bit ...

Sorry for the bad photo ... it looks like there is a crease in the dotted flap, but it is just a shadow. I was in a big hurry to take the photo before I brought the gift to my daughters.  I used a Sizzix die to cut the flower layers from pink card stock, inked the edges and adhered them all together with foam tape. The Boho Flower punch was also in my Stampin' Up order ... so I used it as well. I have wanted that punch for a long time, so am going to be able to put it to good use.  Here, it is the flower center.



 I added a sweet paper pink rose (Michaels) to the flower center.

Of course I wanted to make a special card ... and chose the rattle from the "Sugar and Spice" Cricut cartridge.

  
I cut the base layer twice, as I knew I wanted to use lots of foam tape on this card. I ran the top base through my Big Shot with a Sizzix plaid embossing folder for a bit of texture. The little duck seemed to need something - so I painted it with Twinkling H20's for some yellow shimmer. When it was dry, I added a tiny pink gem with my iRock tool. 
I wanted a pink card base, so used the "Elegant Edges" cartridge for the scalloped heart panel.A pink satin bow ties it all together.  :-)







Here is a peek at the inside:  I actually ended up outlining the little bird (a leftover piece from the rattle) with a Sakura gel pen and added a sparkle eye after I took this photo.  The stamp is one I have had for years, by PrintWorks.  Oh, and the little 'Welcome' stamp on the front is by Hero Arts.
Just for fun, I ran the envelope through with the same Sizzix plaid embossing folder, and added some punches to the front and back. (Punches by Stampin' Up, as is the 'Sweet One' stamp).


Whew! That's it for today - thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. You've put so much time and crafty thought into this gift, it's such a pretty hat too :)
    Love how the envelope looks after embossing it too!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so pretty and such a beautiful gift for her baby girl! thank u for sharing love all your creations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen