Tuesday 16 August 2011

FTL 153 Fall Sketch Card

There is a new sketch up at the Clean And Simple Stamping Blog ... and they are joining up with 'CASual Friday'  this week!! I knew what I wanted to do as soon as I saw the sketch, but of course things look different in my head than they do when completed so I had to 'adjust' the sketch at tad at the end. Here is my card:


I used a kraft card base, and die cut a felt 'ric rac' strip with a Sizzix die. It didn't cut as easily as I thought it would so I had to end up hand trimming it. I glued this to the left side of the card.


The tree (Stampscapes) was stamped on an off-white confetti card stock panel with inked edges, and that was then attached over the felt border with foam tape.

I used a Marvy punch to punch out the tiny leaf from a scrap of orange and glued that right to one of the tree branches.


The word stamp is by Verve, and I used  Stampin' Up punches and scraps of kraft and off-white confetti card stock.  I cut a panel of the off-white confetti card stock for the inside of the card, stamped the trees once on scrap paper and then onto the panel. This gave me a lighter impression, and I can stamp a verse or inspirational words in black or dark brown and it will show up over the tree image.



Thanks for stopping by today!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, thanks for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comments. This is a lovely card, using Kraft which is one of my favourites. Your adaptation of the sketch is perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen this is so pretty! I love the onen leaf you left on the tree! :) Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card Karen and the lone leaf goes so well with the sentiment too. Great design for the inside too, I often forget about the inside until it comes to sending them :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful creation, I think I love the idea of it the most! Beautiful execution. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fab Karen! Love the one leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Felt ric rac? Awesome. And that bare winter tree is so perfectly CAS. So glad you joined us for CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are a great artist i like your creation and it just need some more small branches .

    Plastic business cards 
    Plastic Card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen