Tuesday, 16 August 2011

FTL 153 Fall Sketch Card

There is a new sketch up at the Clean And Simple Stamping Blog ... and they are joining up with 'CASual Friday'  this week!! I knew what I wanted to do as soon as I saw the sketch, but of course things look different in my head than they do when completed so I had to 'adjust' the sketch at tad at the end. Here is my card:


I used a kraft card base, and die cut a felt 'ric rac' strip with a Sizzix die. It didn't cut as easily as I thought it would so I had to end up hand trimming it. I glued this to the left side of the card.


The tree (Stampscapes) was stamped on an off-white confetti card stock panel with inked edges, and that was then attached over the felt border with foam tape.

I used a Marvy punch to punch out the tiny leaf from a scrap of orange and glued that right to one of the tree branches.


The word stamp is by Verve, and I used  Stampin' Up punches and scraps of kraft and off-white confetti card stock.  I cut a panel of the off-white confetti card stock for the inside of the card, stamped the trees once on scrap paper and then onto the panel. This gave me a lighter impression, and I can stamp a verse or inspirational words in black or dark brown and it will show up over the tree image.



Thanks for stopping by today!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, thanks for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comments. This is a lovely card, using Kraft which is one of my favourites. Your adaptation of the sketch is perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen this is so pretty! I love the onen leaf you left on the tree! :) Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card Karen and the lone leaf goes so well with the sentiment too. Great design for the inside too, I often forget about the inside until it comes to sending them :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful creation, I think I love the idea of it the most! Beautiful execution. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fab Karen! Love the one leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Felt ric rac? Awesome. And that bare winter tree is so perfectly CAS. So glad you joined us for CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are a great artist i like your creation and it just need some more small branches .

    Plastic business cards 
    Plastic Card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen