Friday 12 August 2011

Square Thank You card


The challenge this week at the Cricut Cardz Challenge Blog, is:  This week's challenge is "Straight from the Heart"! Make a thank you card using hearts, and any cartridges or colors you’d like, but NO pink or red.

I had several ideas rolling around in my head, but they all involved a PINK or RED heart.  Hmmmmm. Since I'm still on a kraft card stock kick, I decided to go with kraft and blue, rather than kraft and pink.

The card is a 4.25" square card (so it fits into a standard A2 envelope with no additional postage), and the image was Cricut cut using the 'Elegant Edges' cartridge at 3.75".  I cut the top layer from a blue print, the backing layer from kraft, and the shadow from white. I hand cut a small scrap of white to attach behind the heart on the blue printed layer.

The white gems were added with my iRock tool (love that thing), and I popped the image up with foam tape. The words are a favourite Stampin' Up image. When I removed the blue layer from the Cricut cutting mat, there was a perfect little blue print heart leftover. So - I glued it to a white panel inside the card. 


LOOK what was in my mailbox this week!!  New stamps from Paper Smooches ... I won them as Blog Candy on Jenny's "Crafting In The Country" blog. She sent them to me from Britain along with this cute little card.  So fun!!





Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card Karen. thanks for the close up, I can see all the layers and work gone into it :)
    Seems so strange to see my card sitting on your table on your blog!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done, love how your have the heart on the outside and carried to the inside very nice! Thanks for joining CCC!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen