Monday 1 August 2011

FTL151 - Square Christmas Cards


There is a new sketch up at the Clean And Simple Stamping Blog and I had to play along - I'm SO enjoying using BANNERS these days.  :-)   This is the first card I came up with. I dug out more of those patterned A2 cards (DCWV) and trimmed them down to 4.25 x 4.25".  That gives me a square card like the sketch, yet it fits in a standard A2 envelope and doesn't require any additional postage. The green strip is embossed with my new Stampin' Up embossing folder, and I used my new Stampin' Up scallop punch for the red strip at the top of the banner.


I popped the banner up with foam tape, after stamping (All Night Media) the words, then added one of the cut off strips inside the card.


I decided to make 4 more, since there were 5 of these patterned cards in the package, but I changed up the next four:







I didn't pop this banner up, I turned the card (not the sketch) so these ones open from the side, and used a Hero Arts stamp on the banner. I like the bold image better. I outlined the scalloped border with a Sakura glitter pen, and also used it to colour in the holly. It gives the card just a touch of shimmer, but still keeps it CAS.


So this gives me my 5 cards for my August goal at the Splitcoast Christmas Card Challenge! 
Thanks for stopping by today

6 comments:

  1. what a nice christmas card! Clean + simple- but I like it!
    Elborgi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love all that color and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous take on the sketch, Karen! Now you have a serious jump start on your Christmas cards :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. These came out great. The colors and patterns came together nicely. And, the inside looks just as lovely. Such a nice collection of Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like your getting ahead for crimbo, love the minimal layers...always good for posting :)
    Great idea to use the DCVW cards, I have some of those too
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kudos for making some holiday cards, I need to get in gear and do that myself! These are grand cards, lovely design, lovely patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen