Monday 13 June 2016

Pull Tab Card with Spotted Dog

Good morning friends

Earlier this Spring I ordered two sets of Echo Park dog dies online. I used the first one HERE and have only used it that once. I'm used to the care that Karen Burniston puts into creating her dies, packaging & assembly photos (and videos!) but  found trying to assemble that dog die - with only a 1/4" black & white fuzzy thumbnail very frustrating. The final dog was also much smaller than I expected. While I'm sure I'll make it again, it is a die set that I regret purchasing.

Last week I decided to try the second dog die and am happy to report that it was much easier to assemble. It still only had the 1/4" thumbnail but the pieces were much larger and easier to figure out. Plus, it's a larger size when completed and I WILL use this one again for sure.  I like how crisp the dog looks, so paired it with equally crisp patterned papers and the Hanging Charm Pull Tab.




When you slide up the pull tab, the dogs stands up and reveals the stamped sentiment. So fun!



Because I make these flat post-card style, I like to add some flat decoration to the back as well.


Into my stash with this one.

Supplies:
Hanging Charm Pull Tab, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Dog die - Echo Park
Heavy White card stock - Recollections
White card stock
Xyron
Copics
Silver gel pen - Sakura
Stardust pen - Sakura
Patterned paper - My Favorite Things
Clear Double Sided Tape, 1/8 and 1/4" widths - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Fine Point Tweezers - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Olive card stock - Stampin' Up
Stitched circle - My Favorite Things
Dog Paw - Paper Smooches
Bakers Twine
Words, paw prints and bone - My Favorite Things

Card size - 5 x 6"


Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. Another wonderful card! You make my heart sing!! Perfect colors, adorable dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card again Karen!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an adorable pull tab card, I love the dog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen