Tuesday 21 June 2016

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge Card #2

Good morning friends

Today's share is my second card for Karen Burniston's Designer Challenge for June - "Summer Lovin'. I think Ice Cream is perfect for Summer Lovin' and I used an ECD Ice Cream  Cone with the Spiral Circle Pull Card (one of my very favourite card dies) and the Clock & Gears to make my card.


The white banners are from the Lorna Label Pop-Up, with one edge trimmed off. The clock hands are attached with a brad, so they can be moved to any time I want to feature. I also added Els Ribbon borders to each side, using my favourite technique of outlining just one edge with a fine point marker.

I cut the clock face twice, once from the pink patterned paper and once from black card stock with double sided adhesive attached to the back. Then I used just the numbers from the black piece, inlaying them into the pink one - love the POP the black gives this card.



Here is a closer look at Joset's Ice Cream Cone - it's so fun! I'm glad it hopped into my ECD shopping cart this Spring. :-)


I hope you will check out what the rest of the Designer Challenge Team comes up with for the challenge, and Karen Burniston will have her post tomorrow (Wednesday) on her Blog.

Supplies:
Spiral Circle Pull Card, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Clock & Gears, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Lorna Label Pop Up (banner), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Yellow card stock - Papertrey Ink
Black card stock
White card stock
Patterned paper - Echo Park
Clear double sided adhesive, 4" width - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Fine Point Tweezers - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Stickles
Copic markers
Sunshine stamp - Impression Obsession
Ribbons -1 - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Ice Cream Cone - Elizabeth Craft Designs


Card size - 6 x 5-1/2"


Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Hope the summer will see your fantastic card and comes soon to us!

    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like we were both thinking summertime means ice-cream time :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen