Saturday 4 June 2016

C4C339 - Make it Floral

Good morning friends:

It's Saturday and that means a new challenge at the Crazy 4 Challenges Blog. I am the hostess for June and our Guest Designer is fellow Designer Team Challenge-mate Caz Counsell from Stamping Caz. Thanks for joining us this month Caz!

My challenge this week is "Make it FLORAL. Add a single flower, add a full bouquet or even make a flower shaped card - let’s see some blooms on your projects this week."

I made a special card for the challenge. I was working ahead as I knew May would be too busy to do much in the way of crafting so my challenge card is the one I made my Mom for Mother's Day.


The card base was cut from purple card stock with the Oval Pull Card by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. I also cut a window from the oval, lined it with a transparency and added a narrow oval frame to hide the glued transparency edges. That idea came from Karen B herself, in one of her Designer Challenge Videos.

My Mom loves pansies, so I added these beautiful 3-d pansy stickers that I'd purchased for her card. See the ribbon? The Oval Pull Card comes with an optional slot and slider - so I used the slot die here to cut an opening for the seam binding to thread through. I've done this before, but don't think I've ever mentioned the technique.


In the photo below, you get a better look at the transparent window.



I used a pretty, glittery stencil paste and the Swirly Flourish Stage-it Stencil to add some more shimmer, shine and texture to the card.


Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd sure love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C339.

Supplies:
Oval Pull Card, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Stitched Scalloped border - My Favorite Things
Purple card stock - Bazzill
White card stock
3-d Stickers - Recollections
Glitter paper - Recollections
Swirly Flourish Stage it Stencil, Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Glitter Paste - BoBunny
Seam binding
Metallic pen - Sakura
Staedtler fine point markers
Sprig - Impression Obsession

Card size - 5-1/2 x 5-3/4"


Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. beautiful card, great idea using the slot die to thread your ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the purple, pansies and the glitter paste and of course, the oval, pull card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen