Wednesday 29 June 2016

Full of Bears Pull Card

Good morning friends

I had ordered some Stampin' Up goodies in the early Spring, and one of my sets is this adorable bear stamp and die set.


I wanted to work ahead and use the bears to make a Grandparent's Day card for my Mother-In-Law. I used the Hanging Charm Pull Tab by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs for the card base, then added the stamped, coloured and die cut bears. One little bear for each of her Great Grandkids!

When you pull the tab, the label stands up with the Great-Grandma and two of her little ones ...


... and the greeting is revealed.


Here is a side view so you can see the stand-up portion a little better. You can also see that I used the little Postage Frame from the Rectangle Pull Card folded in half for the pull tab.


I penned the words on the back side and the card is ready to be mailed in September. I always remember to make the Grandparent's Day cards, but I don't always remember to mail them on time. Going to write it down in my planner this year. Ha!


I had so much fun making this card ... probably due to the fact that I made it the day after my dental surgery with the assistance of some really good pain killers.   Note - Because the decorated label is fairly heavy, I reinforced the pull tab 'arms' with strips of card stock on the underside.

There was a communication error about my new RA medication, and it looks like it won't be delivered until today. The nurse has also been rescheduled to later this afternoon. This is going to be fun - looks like I will be required to have a two day 9am - 5pm window where I have to stay home and wait for the meds. Every month. Hmmmmmm. I'm thinking they should at least be able to narrow it down to ONE day. Time will tell I guess. I just want to get better.

Supplies:
Hanging Charm Pull Tab, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Rectangle Pull Card (postage for pull tab), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Fitted Frames - Stitched Rectangles, Elizabeth Craft Designs
Clear Double Sided Adhesive - 1/8" width, Elizabeth Craft Designs
Fine Point Tweezers, Elizabeth Craft Designs
Bear Stamps and dies - Stampin' Up
Heavy white card stock - Miochaels
Chalks
Sharpie
Prismacolor Pencils
Pink card stock - Papertrey Ink
Label dies - Stampin' Up
Metallic gel pen - Sakura
Patterned paper - Echo Park
Hand lettering
Copics

Card size - 4-3/4 x 6-1/4" (fits in a 5 x 7 envelope for mailing)


Thanks for stopping by today


2 comments:

  1. wonderful card!

    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how you managed to add enough bears to represent the Grandkids on this card :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen