Sunday 12 June 2016

Holiday Tree Christmas Cards

Good morning friends

Today I'm sharing a couple of Christmas cards - I'm thinking I'd better get started now so I have enough cards for us and my parents. I actually made 8 of these cards, four of each of the two patterned papers.


Every year Stampin' Up has a cool stamp and punch set or stamp and die set and I usually hmmmm and hawwwww and eventually don't order. Sometimes I really regret it too - like with the Stampin' Up stocking die and punch set. Oh man, I wished I purchased those when they came out. On a whim I went to Ebay to see if someone was getting rid of a set they didn't want. There were several! Upwards of $95. Ha ... I'll live with the regret thank you very much.

This time I was determined not to let a cool set pass me by and I purchased the Peaceful Pines stamps and dies this Spring. Woot!


The card bases are cut with a Sizzix Bigz die and have a lovely scalloped bottom edge. I've had this die for a couple of years and still get a lot of use out of it.


Inside the cards are lined with an A2 white card base - which gives the patterned paper outer card some stability. I used the MISTI to stamp the insides before adhering the inner and outer cards together. Eight cards stamped perfectly straight and not a mis-inked bit in the bunch.



Into my Mom's Christmas Card stash with these ones.

Supplies:
Patterned paper - My Minds Eye
BigZ Scalloped Edge Card die - Sizzix
White card stock
Tree stamps and dies - Stampin' Up
Stitched Ovals - My Favorite Things
Clear double sided adhesive - 1/4" width - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Words inside - Papertrey Ink
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
7018 - Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs

Card size - 4-1/2 x 6"


Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous card Karen!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. scary how close Christmas is getting LOL ... love your cards

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen