Sunday 9 December 2012

Sue's December First

For Sue's December First mailing*** I sent her a set of 4 Wine Bottle Hangers/Tags that are non-Christmas. I wanted her to be able to enjoy them throughout the New Year and not be limited to the upcoming holiday season.


Each of the base tags were cut from heavy kraft card stock with the wine bottle hanger die (all by PTI) then decorated with goodies from The Stash.

For this first tag, I cut a 2nd one from white card stock below the fold line on the die, and trimmed a little off each side. I embossed the kraft base with a music embossing folder - below the fold line. After I stamped the words on the white panel, I popped it up onto the embossed wine bottle hanger base with foam tape and added the bird cage embellishment.


The stamps I used for this whole set are by MFT (My Favorite Things).

The 2nd Wine Bottle Tag uses a new embossing folder - I found this when visiting Arizona with friends last month.  It's sized for an A2 card, and I am really looking forward to playing more with it. For this project though, after embossing it onto the kraft base, I swiped the raised areas with white distress paint. The words were embossed with white embossing powder.


I also added some punched & die cut snowflakes and bling.  


This third Wine Bottle Tag is so cheerful - I think it's my favourite. I love the bright colours against the kraft card stock! Again, I used one of my new embossing folders on the kraft base. I attached one of K&Co's acetate flower bunches to the tag with Crystal Effects.


 I cut two wine glasses (MFT die) out of the same kraft card stock, popped them up with foam tape and added self adhesive gems for some added bling.


Finally, a sweet and simple Wine Bottle Tag.  I used another of K&Co's acetate flowers, and white embossed the words.



*** For those that don't know, my friend Sue lives in a different city. We pop something in the mail to each other on the first of each month.

Because things get to crazy this time of year, I gave her a pass for her December 1st mailing ... and she gave me one for January.  If I hadn't already finished her December envelope, I would have taken her up on the December pass ... but I know from experience how burnt out I'll feel come the end of the month and will appreciate not having to be creative immediately after the holidays. 

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. thats looking great!
    Have a nice evening
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, these are all SO lovely, Karen! Anything with kraft always catches my eye, so, of course, these beauties certainly got my attention. The second one is my favorite...love the embossed dots and the white ink. Beautifully done!

    Your friend will love them, for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen